Since the 1990s, our space has evolved into a hub for grassroots activists and artists throughout the Lagos Mainland area. With rising rent costs and tight occupancy in the area, it is one of few creative spaces with open doors. Previous Productions like Falz's "This is Nigeria" have produced stunning works of visual art and highlighted diverse national problems.
A facility like ours—large, open, accessible, and woke—is a missing organ in our city’s creative body. Led by a group of local POC artists and activists, it’s our vision to house and build lagos’s flourishing social justice movements and independent arts scene. We believe that by incubating relationships and sharing space, we support the powerful symbiosis that exists between creativity and activism. We’re building an intersectional movement in the nation’s capitol.
Capacity for the space: 16,000 SQM
The space can be customized
The space is less than 200 feet away from the Ojota park & a quarter mile away from Ikeja.
Indoor Changing Rooms
Prices & Rate
What is Spacebook's End-Users Refund Policy?
In order to serve you better, spaces on Spacebook requires that you pay a part payment when booking. However, we at Spacebook, have taken measures to make sure that your money is safe and can be used for multiple bookings and also refunded at any time.
If you experience a booking issue that prevents you from being able to complete a booking with Spacebook, and you’re unable to resolve with the Space owner or book another reasonable space with your existing payment, our end users Refund Policy may be applied in this circumstances.
Eligible booking issues.
Situations that may be eligible for a refund under this policy generally fall into one of these categories:
- The space owner fails to provide reasonable access to the booked listing.
- The listing is misrepresented (e.g: the size of space, location, lacks promised amenities etc.).
Spacebook will either provide you with a refund or use reasonable efforts to find and book another comparable space with the payment already made. As long as you haven’t made any successful booking or commitment with the Space owner, Spacebook assures you 100% refund fee may apply in some cases.
Initiating a refund.
To submit a valid claim for your booking:
- Log in to your Spacebook account, and go to “My Transactions”,
- You will see an “Initiate Refund” button on your last transaction,
- Click on the button and fill out the form with your account details,
- If we have all the information needed to approve the refund your refund will be processed immediately, if we don’t; our support team will contact you to request for additional information.
We will require that you: